◆ 世界是一个舞台,所有的男男女女不过是一些演员,他们都有下场的时候,也都有上场的时候。一个人的一生中扮演着好几个角色。 ——《皆大欢喜》
◆ Beauty provoketh thieves sooner than gold. (As You Like It, 1.3)
美貌比金银更容易引起歹心。——《皆大欢喜》
◆ Sweet are the uses of adversity. (As You Like It, 2.1)
逆境和厄运自有妙处。——《皆大欢喜》
◆ Do you not know I am a woman? When I think, I must speak. (As You Like It, 3.2)
你难道不知道我是女人?我心里想什么,就会说出来。——《皆大欢喜》
◆ Love is merely a madness. (As You Like It, 3.2)
爱情不过是一种疯狂。——《皆大欢喜》
◆ how bitter a thing it is to look into happiness through another man’s eyes! (As You Like It)
唉!从别人的眼中看到幸福,自己真有说不出的酸楚!——《皆大欢喜》
◆ It is a wise father that knows his own child. (A Merchant of Venice 2.2)
知子之父为智。——《威尼斯商人》
◆ Love is blind and lovers cannot see the pretty follies that themselves commit. (A Merchant of Venice 2.6)
爱情是盲目的,恋人们看不到自己做的傻事。——《威尼斯商人》
◆ All that glisters is not gold. (A Merchant of Venice 2.7)
闪光的并不都是金子。——《威尼斯商人》
◆ So is the will of a living daughter curb’d by the will of a dead father. (A Merchant of Venice 1.2)
一个活生生的女人的意愿,却被过世的父亲的遗嘱所限。——《威尼斯商人》
◆ 外观往往和事物的本身完全不符,世人都容易为表面的装饰所欺骗。——《威尼斯商人》
◆ 没有比较,就显不出长处;没有欣赏的人,乌鸦的歌声也就和云雀一样。要是夜莺在白天杂在聒噪里歌唱,人家绝不以为它比鹪鹩唱得更美。多少事情因为逢到有利的环境,才能达到尽善的境界,博得一声恰当的赞赏。——《威尼斯商人》
◆ The quality of mercy is not strained. (A Merchant of Venice 4.1)
慈悲不是出于勉强。——《威尼斯商人》
◆ Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall. (Measure for Measure 2.1)